* Outdoor electrical products should be plugged in and turned on only when in use, never leave unattended outdoors. Always make sure they are turned off when being carried or hooked up to attachments like mower baskets or saw blades.
* Never remove safety guards from lawnmowers, snow blowers, power tools, etc.
* Never try to repair electrical products yourself.
* Clean up the area before mowing the lawn or using electrical clippers or trimmers.
* Keep cords out of your path or work area. Throwing the cord over your shoulder may help.
* Use safety goggles with lawn products and special safety gear suggested in power tool manuals.