The cooperative commitment to safety training runs deep. IAEC staff members have more than 80 years of combined experience and each year collectively log more than 110,000 miles meeting with safety coordinators and personally delivering training on more than 30 topics to co-op employees. Topics range from accident investigation to ergonomics and respiratory protection.
- observes co-op employees to assess how they follow safety rules and procedures;
- helps co-ops meet federal requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and other regulatory bodies;
- assists co-ops to provide a safe working environment for employees and the public;
- administers required training, safety and OSHA-type audits;
- assists in maintaining required record keeping;
- audits equipment and facilities for safety and mechanical problems.