Accountant - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone
- Full Time
Midland Power Cooperative is currently seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team full-time as an ACCOUNTANT in Midland Power’s Boone, IA office. The candidate will perform the duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting, and financials.
Midland Power is a member-owned electric distribution cooperative located in central Iowa currently serving over 12,800 meters in parts of 17 counties. This position would be located in Boone, IA, which has excellent schools, a local hospital, the Des Moines River, Ledges State Park, many restaurants, and more.
Employment type: Full-time, non-exempt
Regular working hours: 7:30 AM to 4 PM, Monday – Friday (with overtime as necessary)
Primary work location: 2005 S Story St., Boone, IA 50036
Essential Job Functions:
- Filing of tax forms and remitting tax payments (990, 940, 941, IA Withholding, SUTA, FUTA, Sales Tax, Use Tax, W-2’s/W-3, 1099/1096, 1095B/1094B, etc.).
- Completion of regulatory reporting (RUS Form 7, IUB EC-1, US Dept of Energy EIA-861, etc.).
- Responsible for annual audit procedure.
- Coordinate annual budget preparation process.
- GL account reconciliation to subsidiary ledgers.
- Process accounts payable, miscellaneous receivables, work orders, and other day-to-day accounting practices.
- Monitor cash flows and banking transactions.
- Prepares Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position (month-end close process).
- Prepares ledgers, journals, registers, and subsidiary records (including assets and depreciation) in conformance with generally accepted accounting practices and procedures.
- Applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Stays current on the RUS system of accounts and accounting practices.
- Supports Midland Power's Mission Statement and exemplifies the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence, and commitment to community.
The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The work is primarily office work in an indoor, climate-controlled environment. Occasional travel for trainings and meetings is necessary. Overnight stays for trainings may be required occasionally. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and 401K.
Skills & Abilities:
Must demonstrate good communication skills and ability to work well with coworkers, supervisor(s), members, vendors, and other parties. Willingness to learn about the Cooperative’s services, programs, processes, and procedures. Possess the ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks, including multiple projects and be able to meet deadlines. Must have experience using Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn new software programs related to the industry and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Prior accounting or financial experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Driver's License is required.
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power are required to pass a pre-employment physical examination, background check, and drug screening when employed.
Click here to apply.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.