Accountant - Midland Power Cooperative, Jefferson
- Full Time
Midland Power Cooperative is currently seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team full-time as an ACCOUNTANT in Midland Power’s JEFFERSON, IA office. This position will transition to a future location in Boone, IA in 2020. The candidate will perform the duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting, and financials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares ledgers, journals, registers, and subsidiary records in conformance with generally accepted accounting practices and procedures.
- Processes invoices, miscellaneous receivables, work orders, and other paperwork.
- Applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital. Prepares balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position.
- Stays current on the RUS system of accounts and accounting practices.
- Supports Midland Power's Mission Statement and exemplifies the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence, and commitment to community.
Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality is necessary. The work is primarily office work in an indoor, climate-controlled environment. Occasional travel for training and meetings is necessary. Overnight stays for training may be required occasionally. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay, and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Skills & Abilities:
Must demonstrate good communication skills with coworkers, supervisor(s), members, vendors, and other parties. Proficiency in cost accounting skills and abilities is required. Be willing to learn about the Cooperative’s services and programs, processes, and procedures. Possess the ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks including multiple projects and be able to meet deadlines. Must have experience using Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn new software programs related to the industry and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Prior accounting or financial experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor's or Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Driver's License is required.
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power are required to pass a physical examination, background check, and drug test when employed.
Apply online at www.midlandpower.coop/careers