Administrative Assistant - Iowa Area Development Group, Des Moines
- Full Time
Iowa Area Development Group (IADG) is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide pro-active support to IADG staff. This position will maintain IADG’s CRM database of project and other organizational metrics, assist with the organization’s accounts receivable and payable system, provide support to IADG’s marketing efforts, website and events, ensure that incoming and outgoing communications are handled in a courteous, expeditious manner. This position also serves as the first point of contact with IADG, greeting and assisting visitors and clients as well as maintaining the office environment.
- Serve as IADG receptionist; answer and route incoming phone calls and greets visitors.
- Manage and maintain IADG’s CRM database; develop spreadsheets, create reports and keeps records for organizational metrics, budget, staff expense reports, event evaluations and other purposes.
- Assist with IADG website updates, on-line data systems, major events and IADG activities as directed.
- Assist management team in the preparation of professional correspondence and communication; update project data in CRM system; maintain correspondence files; assist with preparation for and arrange meetings with clients.
- Assist the administrative services manager in maintaining the organizations’ accounts receivable and payable system.
- Assist and support the staff with travel, mail handling, scheduling, shipping and other needs.
- Maintain the office ensuring appropriate supplies, equipment and operating environment; provides for systematic retention and disposal of IADG documents
- Participate in special projects.
- IADG provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
For more information about IADG please visit: http://www.iadg.com/
Requirements and Critical Success Factors
- High School Degree or GED with a minimum 5 years’ administrative related experience in an office environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates degree or some college preferred.
- Proficient and proven computer skills (MS Office Skills, especially, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, QuickBooks Accounting System, Previous CRM System Experience)
- A self-starter with high level of initiative.
- Able to work independently and problem solve.
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, coordination and time management skills.
- Works cooperatively with and is willing to assist others.
- Ability to operate computers and general office equipment.
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.