Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman - Clarke Electric Cooperative, Osceola
- Full Time
EDUCATION: Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited Power line program.
EXPERIENCE: Experience helpful but not required.
SKILLS: Should be able to perform climbing tasks on “cold” construction and on de-energized facilities. Must be able to take direction and instructions. Must be able to adapt to different work environments including working outside in unfavorable weather conditions for lengthy and irregular periods. The lineman will be responsible for safely building, maintaining, and repairing overhead and underground power distribution lines within the scope of his training. Must have good working knowledge of methods, assemblies and specification of line distribution and service extensions. Must possess positive personal characteristics that will enhance cooperative work procedures among personnel. Be a dedicated, dependable worker with honest work ethics, helping others complete their responsibilities upon occasion. Must be able to pass pre-employment physical examination and drug test. Must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Practical hands-on skills in crafting or construction would be helpful.
DUTIES: Reports directly to the Manager of Operations. However, you will work closely with the Manager of Engineering.
- Observe and obey all safety procedures and policies.
- Assist with construction and maintenance of distribution lines. Assist with installation of transformers, switches, voltage regulators, oil circuit-reclosures, capacitors, meters, and other electrical apparatus.
- Assist with patrolling lines, installing new services, repairing and replacing service drops.
- Observe the electric distribution feeds and circuits to become familiar with the system.
- Operate equipment as needed by the operations department.
- Prepare vehicles for construction or maintenance projects to include fueling, loading poles, stocking materials, and supplies.
- Drives and operates bucket truck, digger, trencher, and forklift to frame and set poles, lay wire, tie wire, connect and disconnect services and tree trimming.
- Climbs poles of all types and performs jobs required of linemen.
- Available for standby duty and assigned overtime as required.
The candidate will work from the cooperative headquarters in Osceola; however, the service territory covers an eight county area. Transportation will be provided to work site. Must live within 20 minutes of the Osceola office.
Clarke Electric is an Equal Opportunity Provider
Interested persons should send cover letter and resume to:
Clarke Electric Cooperative
1103 N Main St
Osceola, IA 50213
641-223-4112 – work
641-342-6292 – fax