Billing Assistant - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone and Jefferson (2 job openings)
- Full Time
Employment type: Full-time
Regular working hours: 7:30 AM to 4 PM, Monday - Friday (with overtime as necessary)
Midland Power Cooperative is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Billing Assistant. Midland Power is a member-owned electric distribution cooperative located in central Iowa currently serving over 12,800 meters in parts of 17 counties. This position would be located in a new administrative facility in Boone, IA, located just off of Hwy 30, within minutes of excellent schools, a local hospital, the Des Moines River, Ledges State Park, and more. At Midland Power Cooperative, you'll put your skills to good use as an important member of our team. The Billing Assistant position assists with the member-consumer billing and patronage dividend accounts. Also will receive telephone calls and visitors, determine the nature of the business, and direct them to the proper destination.
- Accept responsibility for the duties of the position. Be punctual and conscientious about work hours and perform overtime when requested. Develop the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the duties of the position, attend meetings, and seminars to become more efficient and effective.
- Support Midland’s Mission Statement and exemplify the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence, and commitment to community.
- Prepares and assists the Billing Supervisor with all aspects of member-consumer billing within the limits of approved board policies, operating guidelines and procedures, and in accordance with the Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) rules and regulations.
- Participate in the rotation of mail processing and entering account payments.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional, prompt, courteous, and efficient manner ensuring that the calls are properly and promptly processed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Usually works indoors in a normal business environment, but travel to meetings and other events may require evening hours and/or overnight stays away from home. The noise level in the office is usually low to moderate.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- An Associate’s (AA) degree or equivalent in business administration or related field is preferred.
- Experience with personal computers and Microsoft Office® software is required. Ability to learn industry-related software is also required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, project management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, customer-oriented social skills, and an ability to work in a team environment. The ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
Licenses and Certifications
Must have a valid Driver’s License.
The position requires sitting, standing, walking, reaching, stretching, and repetitive motions of the hands and fingers such as keyboarding. The operation and use of various types of standard office equipment and machinery is required. Occasional operation of a company vehicle may be required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To submit an application, CLICK HERE.