Chief Executive Officer - MJM Electric Cooperative, Carlinville, IL
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Carlinville, Illinois
THE COMPANY: MJM Electric Cooperative
Click here for full Job Description and Community Information.
MJM Electric Cooperative is An Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent NRECA retirement plan, competitive benefit programs and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded leader who will focus on developing and executing the business strategy of the cooperative while focused on the best interests of the members of MJM Electric Cooperative. This position requires a person of high integrity with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of leadership. The CEO is responsible for ensuring the cooperative delivers high quality service to all stakeholders and serves as a community leader to position the cooperative to be an integral part of the community.
The CEO will be responsible for providing the following:
- Consistently behaves and presents themself in a professional and ethical manner consistent with the seven cooperative principles and organizational standards. Offers a near flawless core ethical foundation. Regarded and recognized as a professional selfless leader who faithfully seeks to do what’s right for people first.
- Conveys a deep commitment to serving employees, the board, and external members. This includes listening, building confidence, increasing satisfaction, and responding to needs.
LEADERSHIP AND VISION
- Is a credible leader demonstrating a strong professional presence while conveying trust, rapport, and connection with teams while leading the organization.
- Has been a member of a management team with leadership experience that can naturally adapt to a versatile role. He or she is also equally adept at building a strategic platform for company and member growth opportunities as well as actively and thoughtfully managing and mitigating risk appropriately.
- Communicates expectations, goals, and vision in a way that provides clarity and excites interest.
- Demonstrates a commitment to employee growth and development, mentors employees and ensures all employees within the cooperative function at a high level.
- Promotes and generates cooperation between the board of directors and staff to achieve collective outcomes.
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- With exceptional communications skills, he or she is an effective communicator with high interpersonal, relationship-building skills who can partner effectively with the Board, members of the cooperative, and all other 3rd parties.
- Is a highly innovative, hands-on leader who thinks like an owner of the business. Has an unending passion and quite effectively employs fact-based decision-making process supportable by data and sound decision methodology.
- Will facilitate and build meaningful relationships with regulatory and legislative parties.
- Is well versed in business acumen and is comfortable with financial metrics and has a detailed understanding of the key financial opportunities as well as financial risk strategies.
- Upholds the safety standards of the cooperative. Proactively identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
Candidates should have at least 5 year’s significant experience in the electric utility management, preferably within the rural electric program. At least a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent is preferred. The Board seeks candidates with broad utility management experience including such areas as strategic planning, finance, operations, member communications and board relations. The successful candidate will have excellent people and communications skills, proven leadership ability and a strong commitment to teamwork.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more.
Please apply online at: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/WabashValleyPowerAlliance/mjm-electric-cooperative.