Communications Intern - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Des Moines
- Part Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently seeking a Communications Intern to assist the Communication team in Des Moines. This internship will provide the student with valuable marketing, communication and/or public relations experience.
The Communications Intern’s duties will include:
- Assist with social media content curating and tagging.
- Create content for employee and member newsletters upon request, including writing and design.
- Assist with photography, videography projects upon request.
- Assist with employee and member information management content.
- Assist with special events (i.e. golf tournament, Main street summit)
- Collaborate with team during team meetings, adding assistance to project upon request.
- Assist with work with REC member communications projects upon request.
- General assistance with various projects.
CIPCO is Iowa's largest cooperative energy provider serving 13 rural electric cooperatives and associations spanning 58 of Iowa's 99 counties. CIPCO’s members distribute power to nearly 300,000 Iowans and more than 12,000 commercial and industrial accounts.
CIPCO is a state-of-the-art energy provider with a diverse fuel mix of coal, nuclear, hydro, wind, landfill gas, natural gas, and oil energy resources. We continue to invest in new technology and renewable energy production, supporting Iowa’s development of renewable energy resources. Over half of our electricity is generated from emission- and carbon-free resources, minimizing the impact to the environment.
For more information about CIPCO please visit: www.cipco.net.
Candidates must be a marketing, communications, advertising, graphic design, and/or English major, preferably in their sophomore or junior year, and willing to work between 20 - 40 hours per week during the summer. The number of hours is flexible, but work hours must be between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
To apply for this internship, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.