Crew Leader Journey Lineman - People's Energy Cooperative, Southeast MN
- Full Time
People's Energy Cooperative in southeast Minnesota has an immediate opening for a Crew Leader Journey Lineman.
As a Crew Leader:
- Monitors the performance of assigned personnel and coaches them when necessary to use time wisely and appropriately. Acknowledges and promotes the good performance of immediate subordinates to assist them with their professional growth. Reports any personnel or performance issues to the Line Superintendent for corrective action to ensure that performance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assumes primary responsibility for ensuring the worksite is safe and safety rules are followed to protect employees and the general public.
- Assumes primary responsibility for assigned construction projects, care, and maintenance of the electric system to ensure prompt, professional service is provided, and system reliability meets or exceeds standards.
- Collaborates with the Line Superintendent to plan and prepare daily work that ensures Cooperative resources (human, materials, and equipment) are utilized in an effective and efficient manner.
- Accepts service, outage, and emergency calls (during and after business hours) and reports as the first responder to investigate, direct and/or perform the necessary work to quickly and safely restore service or address concerns. Guidelines for responding to after-hours calls are outlined in the Cooperative’s stand-by duty guidelines.
- Utilizes the Cooperative’s system maps, interprets staking sheets, understands overhead, underground, and special construction specifications reads circuit and sectionalizing diagrams and is familiar with the proper operation and application of all sectionalizing devices used on the Cooperative’s system to render prompt, efficient, and reliable electric service as well as to ensure a safe, healthy, and efficient workplace and/or work site.
People’s Energy Cooperative offers excellent wage and benefit package, which includes medical, health savings account, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, life insurance, business travel life insurance, 401k Retirement, Retirement & Security Pension Plan, PTO and Holiday pay.
People’s Energy Cooperative was incorporated on January 1, 1936, and currently provides electric service to nearly 19,000 members in six area counties including Dodge, Fillmore, Mower, Olmsted, Wabasha, and Winona. We distribute electric energy from 29 substations through 2,847 miles of overhead and underground distribution lines and 119 miles of transmission lines. People’s Energy Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from vocational/technical school in the power line studies field is preferred. Possess a qualified journey lineworker certificate.
EXPERIENCE: Four years’ experience as a journey lineworker is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE: Must possess a valid Minnesota drivers’ license with the class A CDL endorsement. Required to observe all traffic laws, rules, and regulations in the operation of cooperative vehicles. Must remain insurable to operate all Cooperative vehicles required for the position.
Use two-way radio and comply with operating practices in its use to assure safe construction, maintenance, and repair of the electric system.
Understand that considerable hazards exist, including falls, electric shock, electric flash, automobile traffic, and falling objects.
Working knowledge of iPad, computer, and other electronic devices.
Prior experience with an electric cooperative preferred along with a background in related software applications, such as NISC.