Drafting Technician - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Cedar Rapids
- Full Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for a Drafting Technician to join the team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This position prepares new and maintains existing facility drawings to support engineering projects, assists with maintaining accurate records and provides technical support in the construction and maintenance of the Cooperative’s facilities system-wide.
- Prepare drawings including electrical schematics, physical arrangements, operating diagrams and line location maps.
- Support the design and construction of substation and communication projects through administration and minor design assistance.
- Support the administration and management of external contracted resources through drafting and minor design assistance.
- Assist with the bidding, evaluation and purchase of materials and services for substation and communication projects.
- Assist in record keeping, permit applications, compliance and other technical duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the flow of engineering and operation documents with the area offices and other utilities.
- Monitor and reorder inventory of drafting supplies and requisition materials as necessary.
- Maintain drawing management software.
CIPCO provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative built by member cooperatives and the communities they serve. With a balanced, 24/7 energy portfolio, CIPCO is committed to providing cost-effective, clean, safe, and reliable energy. CIPCO and its 13 members serve over 300,000 Iowans in 58 Iowa counties. CIPCO’s principal place of business is Des Moines, Iowa, with locations in Cedar Rapids, Creston, and Wilton. For more information visit www.cipco.net.
Click here to find out why CIPCO is a great place to work!
For more information about CIPCO please visit www.cipco.net.
Requirements and Critical Success Factors
- Associates degree in technical related field or equivalent combination of education and experience working in the utility or construction industry
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read/write and interpret land and legal descriptions
- Collaborative; works effectively in team environment; willing to assist others
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow instructions
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.