Electric Line Design Technician - Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative, Anamosa
- Full Time
Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative, one of Iowa’s largest electric coops, has an immediate opening for an Electric Line Design Technician, working from our Anamosa, IA headquarters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides consumers and outside parties with engineering services for new service and rebuild requests by meeting with them at the job site to review options and develop cost estimates.
- Complete the timely field design of new services and rebuilds for members applying relevant power system engineering calculations
- Assist with the design of residential and commercial developments.
- Responsible for designing all projects in accordance with RUS, NESC, MVEC and other applicable standards.
- Gathers information and submits City, County, and State permits as required.
- Collect GPS information for electric facilities to import into GIS system maps.
High school education or equivalent is required. Additional training in surveying, drafting, GIS/GPS technology, or a two-year engineering-related degree is recommended. Related experience above the minimum may be substituted for all or a portion of the education requirement.
Experience in GPS/GIS Operation is preferred.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must have an understanding of the National Electric Safety Code, RUS Construction standards, and a basic knowledge of electrical wiring.
- Must be able to organize work, set priorities and complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, discreet, resourceful and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people under varying circumstances.
- Should be familiar with GIS/GPS technologies.