Electrical Engineer - STAR Energy Services LLC, Brown County, MN
- Full Time
Electrical Engineer – Full Time, Day Shift, Exempt
Mankato, MN (must be located within 100mi of)
Provide STAR Energy Services’ members and clients with electrical engineering services, which include long range planning studies, work plans, sectionalizing studies, contingency switching orders, project management, arc flash calculations, SCADA development and maintenance, equipment testing, and customer power quality investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the distribution engineering models for summer, winter, fall, and spring conditions. Data for inclusion are: smart grid peak demands, SCADA feeder level data, and line device data. Proper computer modeling and data acquisition can help focus capital construction to needed areas.
- Enhance the engineering model through incorporation of data contained within the Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Work with operations personnel to identify areas of poor reliability and help develop mitigation programs. Areas to be targeted should be identified through the integration of outage reports, GIS, smart grid blinks, and substation recording devices such as recloser panels.
- Travel to client utilities to address the needs of Operations staff.
- Incorporate regulator, capacitor, and oil circuit recloser (OCR) data in the GIS.
- Gather and analyze voltage regulator panel operation by using smart grid data and field inspection reports. Help develop an upgrade plan.
- Gather and analyze capacitor bank location, sizing, and functionality utilizing SCADA data, smart grid data, and field inspection reports. Recommend new additions or changes.
- Gather and analyze OCR operations using smart grid blink counts, engineering model, and field inspection reports. Help facilitate maintenance cycles, additions, or changes.
- Prepare various engineering studies including arc flash analysis, contingency, sectionalizing and construction planning studies.
- Assist operations personnel during the budget process to identify the next year’s priority projects and budget.
- Perform power quality investigations.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure adherence to the NESC® (National Electric Safety Code) and RUS Standards.
- Obtain and hold a Professional Engineering License.
- Attend technical conferences.
- Schedule work day based upon priorities set by the Supervisor.
- Work under the guidance of the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power emphasis preferred)
- PE License
- Strong computer, administrative, and verbal/written communication skills
Apply via Indeed at: https://www.indeed.com/job/licensed-professional-engineer-electrical-pe-248c0240c876f58c.