Energy Advisor - Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Alta
- Full Time
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the Alta, Iowa based Energy Advisor position working in both Buena Vista and Cherokee counties. The position will be located and based out of the Cooperative service center in Alta.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Promote the Cooperative’s marketing programs to all member-owners.
- Perform home and commercial energy audits as requested by member-owners.
- Recommends proper electric service requirements for both commercial and residential accounts in consultation with Cooperative personnel and the electric tariff.
- Investigates and resolves high bill and other service-related complaints.
- To participate and provide support services in other department activities.
- To promote goodwill and positive relationships between the Cooperative and the public.
Wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative offers a strong benefits package.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Estherville, Iowa. ILEC serves approximately 12,500 customers and owns and maintains 4,700 miles of distribution line. Additional information may be found by visiting ILEC's web site at www.ilec.coop. For further information on Alta, IA and surrounding areas please visit the following websites at www.altaiowa.org, www.cherokeeiowa.net or www.stormlake.org.
- Technical degree with appropriate experience is required, additional education or training in power lineman and/or electricity, electronics, electrician or heating, and air conditioning technical school is desirable.
- Some experience with member service in a similar or related industry is desirable.
- A working knowledge of basic electricity is mandatory.
- Familiarity with National Electric Safety Code and other applicable codes as well as federal and state regulations governing electric utility operations and maintenance is required.
- Must earn NRECA’s Certified Key Account Executive certification within 2 years of hire date.
- Position is subject to relocation.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Successful applicant must be a self-starter and work well without direct supervision. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. This position requires the ability to effectively, read and understand technical drawings and specifications, complete routine reports and have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, member-owners, vendors and the public.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to Human Resources, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until April 3, 2020.