Engineer - Southeastern Electric Cooperative, Sioux Falls, SD
- Full Time
Southeastern Electric Cooperative, in the Sioux Falls, SD area, is looking for an Engineer. This position is responsible for the design of overhead and underground line extension.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Assist in the design and development of distribution line projects for commercial and residential electric services.
- Offer technical recommendations on new load additions.
- Assist in the preparation of easements, contracts, plans, and specifications of distribution line projects.
- Coordinate with engineering consultants for the planning and design of the Cooperative’s electrical distribution system.
- Prepare plans following studies regarding voltage profile improvement, phase balancing, power factor correction, system capacity, protection device coordination, and system protection.
- Help assure that designed electrical facilities meet NEC, NESC, RUS, and Cooperative Standards.
- Communicate with line crews. Assistance will be needed in protection coordination, transformer/service conductor sizing, and member complaint resolution.
- Always observes safety rules and procedures and supports the safety goals of the department and Cooperative.
- Analyzes electrical data from a variety of sources and recommends necessary changes to produce the most effective electrical distribution system possible.
- Assists in maintaining and updating engineering and construction records.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Life, LTD, STD, Retirement Plan, 401k Plan and AFLAC
- Employer HSA/HRA contributions
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Southeastern belongs to an alliance of more than 750 Touchstone Energy cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy provides a unified face for the small businesses that own and service rural America's 2.5 million miles of power line. By working jointly, this network of small co-ops generate services that would normally require the resources of a national corporation.
Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. In short, co-ops "look out" for the members they serve.
The Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Cooperative will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university with degree in Engineering. Emphasis in Power Engineering preferred. Mechanical, industrial, or civil may be considered with appropriate experience or; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply seasoned judgement as necessary to complete tasks and projects timely and correctly with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid South Dakota Driver's License required.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution system operations, system layout, NESC, RUS construction units and safe working practices.
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- First Aid and CPR Certification must be obtained and maintained after hire.
Here’s what will get you noticed:
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication experience in effectively communicating key information to a wide range of both internal and external customers
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our link to the Engineer position at: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/695050?source=IAEC.