Executive Assistant - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone
- Full Time
Midland Power Cooperative is seeking qualified applicants for the open position of Executive Assistant. This position provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Midland Power is a member-owned electric distribution cooperative located in central Iowa currently serving over 12,800 meters in parts of 17 counties. This position would be located in a new administrative facility in Boone, IA, located just off of Hwy 30, within minutes of excellent schools, a local hospital, the Des Moines River, Ledges State Park, and more.
Employment type: Full-time
Regular working hours: 7:30 AM to 4 PM, Monday - Friday (with overtime as necessary)
- Performs confidential and other specialized administrative functions for the Board of Directors, CEO, and attorneys. Requires special knowledge of CEO’s views and philosophy.
- Assists the Billing Department with answering incoming calls including taking bill payments, outage reports, and other requests, in a professional, prompt, courteous and efficient manner ensuring that the calls are properly and promptly processed.
- Coordinates with department heads and CEO, assists in developing and evaluating programs, policies, methods and procedures related to management
- Serves as a communication link both upward to CEO and downward through the department personnel to assure that accurate information is used in day-to-day activities
- Handles business and confidential mail, writes routine correspondence on own initiative, and processes communications for CEO
- Provides administrative and secretarial support services for the President and BOD.
- Coordinates and completes the application and reporting process for CFC, USDA, revolving loan fund loans as necessary and forwards relevant information to the appropriate parties as needed
- Manages CEO's calendar and independently schedules appointments, receives calls and visitors
- Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers, and monitors compliance
- Arranges programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for corporate meetings
- Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records and acts as a notary for cooperative business
- Directs preparation and filing of corporate legal documents with government agencies
- Takes and transcribes dictation, and composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents
- Plans and coordinates special activities such as retirement receptions, lunches, and other employee activities.
- Transcribes and/or maintains Board Meeting minutes, Committee Meeting minutes, and Board Policies.
- Distributes certain board and management-related news and news releases
- Receives and compiles all reimbursement vouchers for board directors
- Assists and coordinates preparation and activities for Annual Meeting. Prepares pertinent director election activities and Articles of Incorporation or Bylaw change needs
- Provides support for director candidates, receives petitions, arranges for pictures, biography, and other materials
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries for CEO and Board of Directors, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies when requested
- Administers, coordinates, and keeps records for other internal programs such as wellness or health programs, drug testing, physicals, etc.
Usually works indoors in a normal business environment, but travel to meetings and other events may require evening hours and/or overnight stays away from home. The noise level in the office is usually low to moderate.
The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- An Associate’s (AA) degree or equivalent in business administration or related field is preferred.
- Experience with personal computers and Microsoft Office® software is required. Ability to learn industry-related software is also required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, project management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, customer-oriented social skills, and an ability to work in a team environment. The ability to multi-task and be detail oriented is important.
Licenses & Certifications
Must have a valid Driver’s License.
The position requires sitting, standing, walking, reaching, stretching, and repetitive motions of the hands and fingers such as keyboarding. The operation and use of various types of standard office equipment and machinery is required. Occasional operation of a company vehicle may be required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To submit an application, CLICK HERE.