Garage Mechanic - Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative, Palmyra, MO
- Full Time
Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative (Northeast Power) is a transmission cooperative delivering power to northeast Missouri and southeast Iowa. We are currently seeking a Garage Mechanic at the Palmyra, Missouri, location. This is an hourly position with core working hours of Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
What You Will Do:
- This position will provide effective and efficient maintenance repair and inspections on transportation and other related equipment. In addition, this position will:
- Maintain a reasonable inventory of parts to ensure prompt repair and to maximize availability.
- Negotiate warranty work with suppliers and sales personnel.
- Maintain maintenance and repair record of vehicle maintenance, repair activities and parts used in work activities.
- Perform welding processes safely as necessary.
What You Will Get:
Northeast Power offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced, quality focused mechanic who has a high level of safety awareness with proven record of working safely at all times. In addition, we are looking for:
- Vocation/Technical school with specific training in mechanics, hydraulic and electric systems. Associates degree in related field desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance and repair of cars, trucks and heavy equipment, both gas, diesel and hydraulic equipment. Welding experience preferred.
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles and equipment with both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Ability to read and follow directions, diagrams and schematics and reference safety manuals.
- Must have proficient computer skills and ability to use various Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as highly motivated, customer service driven and detail oriented.
- Able to lift and/or carry up-to 50-pounds, good eye-hand coordination and ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Currently hold and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement.
Applicants should apply at https://www.northeast-power.coop/careers.