Information Technology Analyst - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Creston
- Full Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for an Information Technology Analyst to join the team in Creston, Iowa. This position supports the information technology environment ensuring that it is secure, meets the needs of the business and gives team members the tools and training they need to be effective and proficient in their area of responsibility.
- Configure, monitor and maintain wide and local area network and related equipment, server and storage infrastructure, VOIP telecommunications environment, personal computing hardware and software (PCs, laptops, mobile devices, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Proactively ensure adequate security and business continuity measures are in place and maintained for the information technology infrastructure.
- Ensure that information technology assets are inventoried, and licensing compliance is maintained.
- Provide training for personal computing hardware and software to ensure proficient business use of technology resources.
- Evaluate vendor products in hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment and recommend purchases consistent with short and long term strategic goals.
- Assist in the development of the annual information technology budget.
- Assist in the ongoing development and adjustment of the information technology roadmap.
CIPCO System Highlights
- Cisco networking equipment
- ShoreTel unified communication system
- Video conferencing capability
CIPCO provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company-provided vehicle
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative built by member cooperatives and the communities they serve. With a balanced, 24/7 energy portfolio, CIPCO is committed to providing cost-effective, clean, safe, and reliable energy. CIPCO and its 13 members serve over 300,000 Iowans in 58 Iowa counties. CIPCO’s principal place of business is Des Moines, Iowa, with locations in Cedar Rapids, Creston, and Wilton. For more information visit www.cipco.net.
The IT Team at CIPCO is focused on providing first-class service to its customers. CIPCO believes staying current with technology is key to enabling team members to be effective and efficient in their positions.
Click here to find out why CIPCO is a great place to work!
For more information about CIPCO please visit: www.cipco.net
Requirements and Critical Success Factors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Industry and vendor certifications preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the management of personal computing hardware and software, servers and storage, wide and local area networks and VOIP telecommunications hardware and software
- Ability to understand and implement best practice security and business continuity measures throughout the information technology infrastructure
- Project management skills
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and resolve information technology issues
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.