Information Technology Intern - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Des Moines
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently seeking an Information Technology Intern for the summer of 2020 to assist the Information Technology team in Des Moines. This internship will provide the student with valuable exposure to the day-to-day operations of a progressive Information Technology department.
The Information Technology Intern’s duties may include:
- Resolving help desk calls and other customer issues
- Desktop support, including hardware setup, software installation, file backups, and hardware/software configuration
- Assisting with new and ongoing IT projects
- Cataloging and entering information into the infrastructure asset system
- Ensuring cabling infrastructure is organized and properly identified
- Documenting technology processes and procedures
CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative built by member cooperatives and the communities they serve. With a balanced, 24/7 energy portfolio, CIPCO is committed to providing cost-effective, clean, safe, and reliable energy. CIPCO and its 13 members serve over 300,000 Iowans in 58 Iowa counties. CIPCO’s principal place of business is Des Moines, Iowa, with locations in Cedar Rapids, Creston, and Wilton.
The IT Team at CIPCO is focused on providing first-class service to its customers. CIPCO believes staying current with technology is key to enabling team members to be effective and efficient in their positions.
For more information about CIPCO please visit www.cipco.net.
Candidates may be a Junior or Senior working toward a degree in the Information Technology field. Minimum GPA of 3.3.
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.