Information Technology (IT) Manager - Allamakee-Clayton Electric Cooperative, Postville
- Full Time
Responsible for maintaining system and network security, integrity and availability. Responsible for PCI Compliance, hardware, software, Cybersecurity, end-user training and education, building access, security systems and telecommunications. Works with all departments to ensure that IT resources are implemented and maintained.
- Reports to the Director of Operations
- Directs: Personnel within the IT Department
- Collaborates with AC-Skyways Department
- General Manager: To request and assist as required; to confer on problems; to seek necessary approval and to keep informed of departmental and Cooperative policies and procedures.
- IT Personnel: To provide leadership, assistance and direction.
- All Personnel: To provide assistance and advice as necessary with regards to proper use of existing software and hardware; to confer as necessary to develop the necessary programs or software so they can perform their job duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Contractors/Vendors: To request and assist as required and to confer on problems as necessary to maintain efficient and effective systems.
- To maintain positive relations in all contacts with the general public.
Regular office hours will be 7:30-4:00, Monday-Friday. Some irregular hours may be required. Occasional travel may be required. A valid driver’s license is required. After an offer of employment has been made, passing a physical examination, a drug test and a background check is required.
This is an exempt, non-union position. Allamakee-Clayton Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment is at-will.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages network security.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance.
- Responsible for all short term and long-term planning for the IT Department.
- Research, review and implement hardware and software upgrades for servers, PCs, switches, routers an
- Manages all maintenance and licensing contracts of software and hardware and determine the feasibility of contracts and negotiates renewals on a timely basis.
- Manages email accounts and software access control lists, including password and authentication policies.
- Manages and maintains company cell phone policies and plans.
- Manages and maintains security cameras and building access security systems.
- Implements schedules for system backups and recovery.
- Assists end-users to resolve problems about computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Partner, ESRI, AVL, OMS, MDM, CADDX.
- Coordinates and assists in training for new hardware and software.
- Attends meetings, specialized courses and conferences to keep informed and stay abreast of industry trends. This training may require occasional overnight travel.
- Prepares an annual budget for the IT Department; this will include managing purchases and project implementation.
- Responsible for arranging periodic security audits by third parties; then resolving problems identified.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills that allow for the conveying of technical solutions to both technical and non-technical users.
- Manages and maintains integration between the company’s systems including but not limited to CIS, GIS, metering, SCADA and staking systems.
- Assists all departments with data extraction needs.
- Assists all departments in maintaining data integrity within the company’s systems.
- Maintains a safe working environment by adhering to policies, procedures and regulations.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Preserves confidentiality of Cooperative issues when relating to staff, members/customers and the general public.
- Supports the bylaws, guidelines, policies, mission and vision of the Cooperative. The IT Manager shall be required to perform any other duties assigned to fulfill the objectives of the Cooperative.
Must possess a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, with preference given to a Bachelor’s Degree. Desire completed coursework and experience with System Administration, Microsoft, Java, SQL, Servers and Networking. NISC software application; Crystal Reports programming knowledge; GIS knowledge preferred.
At least three (3) years of experience in a lead IT role with supervisory responsibility. Experience desired in NISC software applications and GIS. Electric utility experience desired, but not required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Must be able to plan and organize work to meet deadlines. Work is varied and requires a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail. The ability to multi-task, work well with different departments, and provide sound judgment and leadership is essential. Must possess visual and audio acuity, as that is a crucial function in this job.
Send cover letters and resumés to:
Allamakee-Clayton Electric Cooperative
Attn: Dan Stelpflug
PO Box 715
Postville, IA 52162-0715