IT Support Specialist - Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative, Anamosa
- Full Time
IT Support Specialist
Full-time position at our Anamosa, IA headquarters.
Duties of Position Include:
- Provide hands-on IT support and training for all cooperative employees
- Serve as liaison between software vendors and end users
- Install new hardware and software, and load authorized software programs
- Maintain and monitor MVEC computer network
- Troubleshoot networking issues for customers of MVlink fiber internet
Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative offers an excellent benefits package, which includes health, life, vision, company-paid pension and 401((k). Scheduled hours M-F 7:30am-4:00pm
We are one of the largest electric cooperatives in the state of Iowa, providing electric and internet/phone services to 14,000 members in nine east central Iowa counties. With more than 80 years of experience serving local communities, we continue to provide 24/7 service that is safe, affordable, and reliable. Deploying MVlink, a smart grid fiber network that connects electronic line equipment and substations to shorten power outages, we offer the highest internet speeds available in Iowa along with a quality VoIP telephone service.
Requirements of Position include:
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or related field is required
- Experience with Microsoft products and general network administration
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
Visit www.mvec.com for complete job description and employment application.