Journeyman Lineman - Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative, Bloomfield
- Full Time
Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative (Northeast Power) is a transmission cooperative delivering power to northeast Missouri and southeast Iowa. We are currently seeking a Journeyman Lineman at our Steuben Outpost in Bloomfield, IA.
This is an hourly position with core working hours of Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., subject to occasional call out duty after regular working hours. This position requires residency within 30-minutes of the Steuben Outpost (22408 Nuthatch Ave., Bloomfield, IA 52537).
What You Will Do:
All line and substation work will typically be at transmission voltages with exposure to distribution voltages. In this position you will assist with the construction, operation and maintenance of the Cooperative’s transmission system and substations. In addition, you will:
- Assist with the installation and removal of mobile substation(s)
- Visually check lines, poles, insulators, transformers, right-of-way, etc. for damages or unsafe conditions
- Assume daily inspection, proper use, care, handling and accounting of all materials, tools, equipment and vehicles assigned and for the accuracy of all reports related to the use of such materials
- Maintain and submit required records, reports, work orders, time sheets, etc. on a timely basis
- Assist in handling emergencies and outages as directed
What You Will Get:
Northeast Power offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits
What We Are Looking For:
This role requires a safety-conscience, detail-oriented individual who possesses demonstrated experience as a Journeyman Lineman. In addition, we are looking for:
- High School diploma, or equivalent, and graduate of approved Power Line School
- 4+ years work experience in electric utility transmission and distribution construction, operations and maintenance. Successful completion of apprentice lineman training program.
- Must have a safety-first attitude
- Must be a certified climber and able to operate a bucket truck
- Able to operate equipment with both automatic and manual transmissions
- Ability to read and follow directions, diagrams and schematics
- Experienced with personal computers, utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to lift and/or carry up-to 50-pounds, good eye-hand coordination and ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Must possess, or obtain, and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement
Apply online at www.northeast-power.coop/careers. This job posting will remain open until filled, with priority consideration given to those candidates who submitted their application by January 5, 2023.