Journeyman or Apprentice Lineworker - MiEnergy Cooperative, Rushford, MN
- Full Time
MiEnergy Cooperative located in Rushford, MN is seeking applications for the position of either a Journeyman or Apprentice Lineworker. A partial list of responsibilities includes: Successfully, safely and efficiently construct and maintain both overhead and underground lines, install transformers, switch gear, riser poles, substation equipment, etc., in accordance with RUS specifications, the National Electric Safety Codes, and ensure all personnel work in a safe and efficient manner.
Must meet the cooperative members service requirements; working closely with other linemen and employees in the operations department and others within the cooperative to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Must have a Class A CDL driver’s license.
- Ability to operate and maintain various types of equipment.
- High school graduate or GED with the completion of a recognized accredited lineworkers’ school with a strong understanding of the theory of electricity and associated principles.
- Ability to complete a very structured and regimented four-year apprentice training program with the required hours of “hands on” training experience, online and correspondence schooling. If apprenticeship training has been completed, a copy of your Journeyman License must be up to date.
- Residency requirements are to reside within an area that is no more than 20 minutes response time from residence to the Rushford facility.
Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. To obtain an application packet with job description, please contact June Vitse or Steve Oian at 1-800-432-2285 or visit our website at www.mienergy.coop
Please return application and transcripts from high school and accredited secondary school to:
Steve Oian, VP of System Operations, MN
P. O. Box 626
Rushford, Minnesota 55971