Journeyman or Apprentice Lineworker - MiEnergy Cooperative, Spring Valley, MN
- Full Time
MiEnergy Cooperative located in Rushford, MN is seeking applications for the position of either a Journeyman or Apprentice Lineworker for our Spring Valley, MN outpost. A partial list of responsibilities includes: Assist in the operation and maintenance of the MiEnergy electrical distribution system. Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle, tools, and equipment. Be able to work and interact with the crew foreman and crew members. Be responsible, familiar with and follow all safety rules and company policies and procedures.
A complete job description can be obtained with an application packet.
This is a non-exempt position under the Wage and Hours Laws and subject to the Cooperative Union Agreement
- Shall have legible handwriting, possess good oral and written communication skills, and be mechanically inclined.
- Must have a Class A CDL driver’s license.
- Ability to operate and maintain various types of equipment.
- High school graduate or GED with the completion of a recognized accredited lineworkers’ school with a strong understanding of the theory of electricity and associated principles.
- Must meet residency requirements within 6 months of date of employment.
- Have completed, or have the ability to complete, a very structured and regimented four-year apprentice training program with the required hours of “hands-on” training experience, online and correspondence schooling. If apprenticeship training has been completed, a copy of your Journeyman License must be up to date.
Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. To obtain an application packet, please contact Chad Chaffee or June Vitse at 800.432.2285 or visit our website at www.mienergy.coop.
Please return application and transcripts from high school and accredited secondary school to:
VP of System Operations-MN
P.O. Box 626
Rushford, MN 55971