Journeymen and Apprentice Linemen - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, CIPCO Service Territory
- Full Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for Journeymen and Apprentice Linemen to join our new travel construction crew. This crew will work on CIPCO transmission line construction, storm restoration and miscellaneous maintenance work around the CIPCO transmission system, which is all located in Iowa. This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement and provides excellent company benefits and per diem.
Members of the travel crew will not have residence restrictions and will travel to the worksite each week. During the initial start-up period, all new hires will work at either the Wilton or Creston, Iowa CIPCO offices until the Traveling Construction Crew is assembled and operational. During this time, the crew will work that location’s normal business hours.
Once assembled and operational, the Traveling Construction Crew will be assigned to work throughout the CIPCO system and work the following schedule:
Summer Hours: March 1 – October 31
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 6:30 AM – 7:00 PM (12 hours, plus 30 min lunch)
- Thursday: 6:30 AM – 1:00 PM (6 hours, plus 30 min lunch)
- 42 hours per week (2 hours mandatory overtime)
Winter Hours: November 1 – February 28/29
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM (10 hours, plus 30 min lunch)
- 40 hours/week (overtime as needed).
CIPCO provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative built by member cooperatives and the communities they serve. With a balanced, 24/7 energy portfolio, CIPCO is committed to providing cost-effective, clean, safe, and reliable energy. CIPCO and its 13 members serve over 300,000 Iowans in 58 Iowa counties. CIPCO’s principal place of business is Des Moines, Iowa, with locations in Cedar Rapids, Creston, and Wilton.
Click here to find out why CIPCO is a great place to work!
For more information about CIPCO please visit: www.cipco.net
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of an accredited electric utility lineman training program or substantial equivalent on the job training and/or experience
- Attain/possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.