Lineworker - Allamakee-Clayton Electric Cooperative, Postville
- Full Time
Allamakee-Clayton Electric Cooperative is seeking candidates who have completed an approved apprenticeship program or are currently in an apprenticeship program.
Lineworker: Must have completed an approved apprenticeship program or currently be in an approved apprenticeship program. Must possess and retain a valid DOT Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Basic Function: Responsible for the construction, maintenance, repair, and operation of the Cooperative’s distribution system.
Duties and Responsibilities: This list demonstrates the level of duties usually performed by this classification. The list is not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities.
- Responsible for construction repair, operation, and maintenance of all distribution lines in the Cooperative’s distribution system.
- Responsible for maintaining proper relations and interacting with other utility representatives, employees, members, property owners, and the public.
- Responsible for the truck, tools, equipment, and material assigned to the lineworker.
- Responsible for being familiar with and following all Cooperative policies, safety rules, and procedures.
- Responsible for other duties historically performed by this classification and other related or comparable duties as assigned.
- Responsible for locating and eliminating any trouble which may develop on the Cooperative’s lines.
- Assist other electric utilities to restore service on their systems if called upon to do so.
- Other duties as assigned.
Off duty availability. Must be able to pass a heavy work endurance test. Must have legible handwriting, good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with people positively. Must possess basic computer keyboarding skills. Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume for consideration by July 17, 2020, to:
Allamakee-Clayton Electric Cooperative
Attn: Jason Troendle
PO Box 715
Postville, IA 52162-0715