Manager of Accounting - Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Estherville
- Full Time
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Manager of Accounting. Position objectives and responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee the activities of the Cooperative’s accounting department, including the maintenance of the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and related records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, the RUS system of accounting, and RUS bulletins and practices.
- Oversee the monthly financial close process, ensuring all monthly financial transactions are properly recorded, reviewing and approving journal entries, account reconciliations, accruals and estimates.
- Produce monthly financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows and other financial reports, which include key metrics, ratios, financial results and variance reporting.
- Direct the cash management operations including daily cash administration and management of bank accounts, including maintaining effective relationships with financial institutions to ensure effective treasury management tools are in place.
- Coordinate the external annual audit by overseeing the assignments and work paper preparation; detail review of work prepared by others and serve as the primary liaison with the auditors.
- Assist in reviewing and establishing internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions in all accounting areas.
- Provide leadership, professional development and coaching to a team of two accountants, including conducting year-end performance reviews. Provide guidance and feedback on a daily basis and promote and develop a team atmosphere.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative offers a strong benefits package including IAEC and NRECA insurance programs and pension plans.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Estherville, Iowa. ILEC serves approximately 13,060 customers and owns and maintains 4,800 miles of distribution line. Further information may be found by visiting ILEC's website at www.ilec.coop. For additional information concerning the Iowa Great Lakes and Estherville areas please visit the following websites at www.lakescorridor.com, www.exploreokoboji.com and www.estherville.org.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required. A minimum of five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electric utility industry knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, especially in using charts and pivot tables as well as linking data to Power Point.
- Be receptive to and competently use new technologies.
- Strong business ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong priority setting skills.
- Ability to keep up to date with financial policies, practices and regulations.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pre-employment drug test required.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Attn: Human Resources, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.