Manager of Business Development and Community Relations - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone
- Full Time
Job Title: Manager of Business Development and Community Relations
Location: Midland Power Cooperative | Boone, IA
We are currently seeking applicants for a Manager of Business Development and Community Relations in our Member Services & Corporate Communications to join our team. This position will be responsible for the administration of new and existing business and community development efforts aimed at facilitating economic investment and electric load growth opportunities throughout the cooperative’s seventeen county service territory as well in the service territory of the cooperative’s strategic partner Nishnabotna Valley REC in Harlan IA. This position will be involved in activities such as assisting and collaborating on business attraction and expansion projects, workforce development, leadership training, and the promotion of housing development.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Deliver additional development assistance including preparation and presentations of proposals, project financing, grant writing, industry research, development training, rate information and marketing/promotional support as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with business organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, and other external partners to promote economic and community development activities.
- Manages the cooperative's key accounts program and represents the cooperative in governmental, community and professional organizations.
- Participates in the organization’s efforts involving federal, state, and local governments. Works with the cooperative’s trade associations to promotes and influences legislation, rules, regulations, and actions favorable to the organization and its members.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with regional, state, and national economic development organizations, local government, and civic organizations.
- Must be experienced with organizing, leading, motivating, connecting, and building consensus with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Administer the cooperative’s revolving loan fund account.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for new business prospects and coordinates the company response for specific site selection inquiries.
As an employer of choice Midland provides employees competitive compensation, 401k with an employer match plus a Defined Benefit Pension Plan funded by the cooperative as well as health, other benefits. We support employees in their journey to physical, financial, emotional and social well-being and we encourage employees to enjoy time away with vacation, sick leave, paid holidays and volunteerism in community events. Midland’s culture includes opportunities for personal and professional growth including tuition reimbursement and development planning resources. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, finance, public relations, ag-business, communications or related field or commensurate experience.
- One to two years of experience in traditional economic and community development activities like business recruitment, expansion, retention, and marketing is preferred, but all levels will be considered.
- Current working knowledge of the cooperative business model and electric utility background is preferred.
- Certified Economic Developer credential is required for progression; may be obtained and maintained after hire.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate problem solving and relationship building skills as well as a strong work ethic and excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Job duties often involve time worked outside of normal weekly schedules, including travel in state and out of state. This obligation requires approximately 20% travel per year. Additional travel within the Cooperative system during normal work hours will require time outside the office an average of 40% of a normal work week.
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power Cooperative are required to pass a physical examination, drug screen, and background check.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.