Manager of Information Technology and Technical Support - Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Estherville
- Full Time
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Manager of Information Technology and Technical Support. Position objectives and responsibilities are as follows:
- To administer the Cooperative’s network, communications, and information systems including all selection, maintenance and support activities.
- To administer the Cooperative’s GIS (Geographic Information System), including the supervision of the staff involved in these programs.
- To administer the Cooperative’s cybersecurity defenses and initiatives in order to keep all avenues of vulnerability mitigated for the Cooperative. Work closely with other IT professionals in the Cooperative network and IT vendor network to keep up to date on the most advanced processes in order to make recommendations for implementing cyber defenses. When required train and coordinate training with Cooperative staff and board members.
- To provide technical support and research of new technologies, keeping the staff informed of new products and services that may benefit the Cooperative. When required train Cooperative member-owners, employees and dealers on new technologies and the proper use or operation of these technologies.
- To assist in the development of annual and long-range departmental plans that will fully and effectively utilize well-trained and managed departmental personnel, along with the appropriate inventory, supplies, and equipment necessary to carry out the above objectives in a safe and efficient manner.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. ILEC offers a strong benefits package including IAEC and NRECA retirement and insurance programs.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Estherville, Iowa. ILEC serves approximately 13,060 customers and owns and maintains 4,800 miles of distribution line. Further information may be found by visiting ILEC's web site at www.ilec.coop. For additional information concerning the Iowa Great Lakes and Estherville areas please visit the following websites at www.lakescorridor.com, www.exploreokoboji.com and www.estherville.org.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies is preferred. Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert certification required or equivalent experience and/or comparable certifications. Five to ten years of professional staff experience in the electric utility industry is preferred. Experience in planning and coordination of an organization’s information technologies is preferred.
Successful applicant must have a demonstrated ability to effectively supervise others and manage a department’s work in information technologies and technical support. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Pre-employment drug test required. Must have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, directors, member-owners, vendors and the public.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to: Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Attn: Human Resources, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.