Manager of Safety and Compliance - Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative , Palmyra, M
- Full Time
Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative (Northeast Power) is a transmission cooperative delivering power to northeast Missouri and southeast Iowa. We are currently seeking a Manager of Safety and Compliance at the Palmyra, Missouri, location.
What You Will Do:
This position will effectively develop, lead, and manage safety programs and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, guidelines and reporting requirements. In addition, this position will:
- Conduct safety observations/inspections of employee and contractor work practices, equipment and facilities and take corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate safety/accident procedures and incident investigations and correct or recommend corrective actions for any unsafe conditions.
- Plan, direct and manage the environmental program.
- Organize and present safety orientations, programs and training for all personnel and contractors.
- Maintain all necessary compliance, safety and training records and files.
What You Will Get:
This is an exempt position with competitive salary and full benefit package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced safety professional who is able to successfully support a continuously improving safety culture. In addition, we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in occupational safety and health, business administration or equivalent with training in safety, environment, communications, law, teaching, human resources and/or electric utility industry.
- Ten (10) years’ work experience in a safety or compliance position or an organization closely related to the electric utility industry is required. Experience and/or in-depth knowledge related to the operations and maintenance field of an electric utility system is highly desirable.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Loss Control Professional (CLCP), or Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP) is beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NESC and DOT Regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of the Cooperative as well as regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation to organize, train, lead and complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
Applicants should apply at https://www.northeast-power.coop/careers.