Manager of Smart Electrification - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Cedar Rapids
- Full Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for a Manager of Smart Electrification to join the team in Cedar Rapids, IA. This position is responsible for supporting, managing and assisting in the development, maintenance, analysis, and implementation of energy services and demand-side management (DSM) activities. The Manager of Smart Electrification also manages activities to identify energy efficiency gaps, provides professional guidance to maximize the effectiveness of our energy efficiency programs, arranges for educational programs when needed, and manages and assists in the reporting and evaluation of demand-side management programs and their outcomes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with member systems personnel and their customers, engineers/architects, trade-ally contractors, and industry groups while helping the member systems identify and pursue potential growth opportunities and efficient use of energy resources.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Commercial Energy Solutions, manage, develop, analyze and maintain the Cooperative’s portfolio of DSM/energy efficiency programs and energy services offered to member systems. Experience or familiarity with industrial settings is desired.
- Oversee and assist in the development and maintenance of DSM program reporting tools used to determine program energy and demand impacts that are reported using different methods for various reports and regulatory reporting agencies. Provide reports to the member systems used in filing mandated reports to federal, state and governmental agencies.
- Assist in coordinating and developing annual departmental budget.
- Assist in the development of marketing and energy efficiency communication messages, program advertising and promotional materials in coordination with Corporate Communications.
- Collaboratively manage the Cooperative’s rebate portal and tracking system used to approve rebate requests for energy efficiency programs and to track and verify energy savings.
- Coordinate the development of technical, marketing and energy efficiency training programs for member systems personnel and trade ally groups.
- Monitor technical publications and other sources for industry information news that is applicable to member system activities.
- Provide technical and analytical support to member cooperatives in areas such as energy usage analysis, heating/cooling load analyses, computer software applications and with electric equipment.
- Respond to questions from member systems and their customers regarding products, applications, and processes, often requiring coordination with other departments and gathering information from various sources and addressing multiple inter-related issues.
- Serve as liaison to industry-related organizations, third-party consultants and energy service providers.
- Communicate with personnel from other utilities regarding regional and national issues regarding marketing, technology, energy services, and DSM programs.
- Participate in marketing, technical and industry-related organizations, attending various conferences, trade shows, and contractor meetings.
CIPCO provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative built by member cooperatives and the communities they serve. With a balanced, 24/7 energy portfolio, CIPCO is committed to providing cost-effective, clean, safe, and reliable energy. CIPCO and its 13 members serve over 300,000 Iowans in 58 Iowa counties. CIPCO’s principal place of business is Des Moines, Iowa, with locations in Cedar Rapids, Creston, and Wilton. For more information visit www.cipco.net.
Click here to find out why CIPCO is a great place to work!
For more information about CIPCO please visit www.cipco.net.
Requirements and Critical Success Factors
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related field plus 5 years in marketing/energy efficiency and/or engineering experience in an electric utility environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of end-use electrical technologies including lighting, HVAC, motors, pumps, compressors and process equipment for residential, agricultural and commercial/industrial use
- Experience working with energy calculation methods for processes and systems and knowledge of measurement and verification techniques
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation is preferred or ability to attain within 2 years.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Enhanced computer skills
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.