Marketing/Communication Specialist - Maquoketa Valley REC, Anamosa
- Full Time
Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative in Anamosa, IA, is searching for a Marketing/Communication Specialist who is responsible for creative oversight and strategic planning of the Cooperative’s marketing goals. Working within our Public Relations department, the Marketing/Communication Specialist uses company assets and media channels to market Cooperative services and to keep our employees, members and the public informed about the Cooperative. The Marketing/Communication Specialist is also responsible for the creation of member newsletters and e-newsletters, and manages the content of the Cooperative’s website and social media platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, analyze and recommend public relations and marketing programs to Director of Public Relations
- Plan, coordinate and direct activities for various marketing campaigns, including promotion of MVEC’s internet/Volp services and energy efficiency programs and incentives
- Develop copy for newsletters, press releases, radio, newspaper, and other advertising mediums
- Develop and maintain websites, ensuring they are up to date and relevant and also evaluate their performance analytics
- Develop, launch and maintain digital marketing campaigns to promote the Cooperative’s services
- Create monthly newsletters, including writing and proof-reading articles, designing layout and incorporating photography and graphics
- Develop consistent design and messaging of all internal and external communications, including forms, brochures, e-blasts, newsletters, website, social media, and event displays
- Update and monitor Cooperative’s social media content. Post updates and inform membership of Cooperative’s activities and services
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience required.