Mechanic - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone
- Full Time
Midland Power Cooperative is seeking qualified applicants for the open position of Mechanic. This position is responsible for performing diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on cooperative-owned equipment.
Midland Power is a member-owned electric distribution cooperative located in central Iowa currently serving over 12,800 meters in parts of 17 counties. This position would be located in Boone, IA, which has excellent schools, a local hospital, the Des Moines River, Ledges State Park, and more.
Employment type: Full-time
Regular working hours: 7:30 AM to 4 PM, Monday - Friday (with overtime as necessary)
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- Repair fleet vehicles, including repairing engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions, and electrical systems.
- Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs, and inspections on assorted heavy equipment
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearing, and other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Inspect, repair, and maintain air conditioning systems
- Repair and maintain aerial and digger truck hydraulic systems, including troubleshooting issues both in the field and in the shop
- Conduct a daily walk-around inspection of the fleet to ensure that trucks/cars are in good general working order
- Make a weekly fleet inspection to check oil and fluid levels and record service mileage - schedule maintenance service and ordering parts
- Required travel to other locations to perform fleet repairs/maintenance
- Perform maintenance and repairs on production facility equipment as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Licenses & Certifications
Must possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver License. National Institute for Automotive Service (ASE) certification preferred.
This Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and successful completion of an automotive or diesel technology program. An associate degree in auto technology and/or diesel technician is preferred. demonstrated work experience with aerial devices, truck service certifications, including dielectric testing, may be substituted. Minimum of two year's experience and/or schooling to include medium to heavy duty diesel trucks.
Ability to diagnose and repair all types of air conditioning systems, air brake systems, and hydraulic systems. Must have a working knowledge of scanner and electrical diagnostic equipment, as well as, computers, tablets, scanner, and test equipment associated with this position. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Includes a good range of motion and the ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
To apply: click HERE.