Mechanic - Western Iowa Power Cooperative, Denison
- Full Time
Western Iowa Power Cooperative, an electrical utility cooperative located in Denison, Iowa, is currently accepting applications for a Mechanic. This position is responsible for performing diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on cooperative-owned equipment.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Repair fleet vehicles, including repairing engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions, and electrical systems
- Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs, and inspections on assorted heavy equipment
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearing, and other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Inspect, repair, and maintain air conditioning systems
- Repair and maintain aerial and digger truck hydraulic systems, including troubleshooting issues both in the field and in the shop
- Conduct a daily walk-around inspection of the fleet to ensure that trucks/cars are in good general working order
- Make a weekly fleet inspection to check oil and fluid levels and record service mileage - schedule maintenance service and ordering parts
- Required travel to other locations to perform fleet repairs/maintenance
- Perform maintenance and repairs on production facility equipment as needed
- Must furnish and use his/her own tools.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 401k and defined benefit pension retirement package, paid time off, and life and disability insurance. Post offer pre-employment physical and illegal substance test required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Until Filled
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and successful completion of an automotive or diesel technology program. An associate degree in auto technology and/or diesel technician is preferred. demonstrated work experience with aerial devices, truck service certifications, including dielectric testing, may be substituted. Minimum of two year's experience and/or schooling to include medium to heavy duty diesel trucks. National Institute for Automotive Service (ASE) certification preferred.
Ability to diagnose and repair all types of air conditioning systems, air brake systems, and hydraulic systems. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver License. Must have a working knowledge of scanner and electrical diagnostic equipment, as well as, computers, tablets, scanner, and test equipment associated with this position. Must be able to preform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Includes a good range of motion and the ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
Applications are available by contacting:
Michael Akers, Operations Manager, P.O. Box 428, Denison, IA 51442
Fax: (712) 263-8655 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org