Member Care Specialist - Midland Power Cooperative, Humboldt
- Full Time
Job Title: Member Care Specialist (Customer Service Representative)
Location: Humboldt, IA
About Midland Power Cooperative:
Midland Power is a member-owned electric cooperative, in business since 1937, providing electric service to over 12,800 meters in parts of 17 counties in central Iowa. The cooperative has locations in Boone, Humboldt, Iowa Falls, and Jefferson.
Midland Power Cooperative is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Member Care Specialist (Customer Service Representative). This position is located in Humboldt, IA, located just off of Hwy 169, within minutes of excellent schools, a local hospital, and more. At Midland Power Cooperative, you will put your skills to good use as an important member of our team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phone calls to ensure prompt responses and resolution of inquiries.
- Be the face of Midland Power by greeting and assisting office visitors.
- Perform activities and processes pertaining to member-consumer accounts and assist with all aspects of electric account billing.
- Process collections, account transfers, disconnects, reconnects, and maintenance of member-consumer accounts on an ongoing basis to ensure information is accurate and billing is correct within the limits of board policies and tariffs, operating guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in the rotation of mail processing and entering account payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
VP of Administration
Job duties are primarily office work in an indoor, climate-controlled environment. Occasional travel for training and meetings is necessary. Overnight stays for training may be required occasionally. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Midland Power Cooperative provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay, pension, and 401K.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Skills & Abilities:
Customer-oriented social skills, an ability to work in a team environment, and demonstrate good communication skills with coworkers, supervisor(s), members, and other parties is required. Must have experience using Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn new software programs related to the industry and duties as assigned. Be willing to learn about the Cooperative’s services and programs, processes, and procedures.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate's (AA) Degree and/or a minimum of 2 years related experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Driver's License is required.
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power are required to pass a physical examination, drug screen, and background check when employed.
Please submit all resumes to:
Director of Safety & Human Resources