Member Service Care Representative - Nishnabotna Valley REC, Harlan
- Full Time
|Job Title: Member Service Care Representative||Incumbent:|
|Department: Administration||Reports to: Director of Administrative Services|
|FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
Follows administrative plans and procedures, resulting in accurate and timely billing to Cooperative electric members for electric and non-electric services. Coordinating AR aging balances for electric and non-electric services with Director of Administrative Services. Process accurate and timely patronage allocation and patronage refunds to Cooperative members.
Contributes to excellent member service by answering and routing phone calls and FAX messages, waiting on members at the counter, receiving and directing visitors, and monitoring and answering radio.
- Accept responsibility for the duties of the position. Be punctual and conscientious about work hours and perform overtime when requested. Develop the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the duties of the position, attend meetings and seminars to become more efficient and effective.
- Support Nishnabotna Valley REC’s Mission Statement and exemplify the organizational values of teamwork, accountability, safety, integrity, excellence and commitment to community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Prepare yearly billing calendar. Provide to vendors.
- Review and coordinate budget billing for qualified members.
- Manage the collection of delinquent accounts and set up payment arrangements in coordination with Director of Administrative Services.
- Process monthly bill cycles for all electric accounts.
- Process billing month end including reporting as needed.
- Assists with various billing processes.
- Process service orders; new connect, reconnect, disconnect, transfers, retirement, miscellaneous, load management agreements.
- Mail load management agreement to new participating account(s).
- Check out Kill-A-Watt devices. Fill out listing with member’s information and collect deposit check. Review listing to make sure devices are returned and deposit checks are returned or destroyed.
- Allocate patronage and process general retirement per board resolution.
- Process patronage for members' estate.
- Processes various member transactions, such as ACH, recurring credit cards, cash and checks. Enter electric and MR payments into the cash register module.
- Reconcile the cash drawer and prepare the bank deposit.
Miscellaneous Receivables (MR)
- Works with the Member Services Department for timely and accurate billing of service work.
- Assists with the collection and processing of miscellaneous receivables. Closes service work orders in coordination with Accounting Assistant.
- Process load management service orders.
- Prepare member rebate information for application to bill or refund. Agree detail of rebates receivable/payable to general ledger.
- Scan member and MR information into the document vault module for non-electric member service jobs and process according to Cooperative policy.
- Monthly check for document retention completeness in monthly and yearly file folders on the company share drive.
- Perform routine monthly/quarterly/yearly scanning of necessary forms per the document retention plan.
- Maintain Operation Round-up on members accounts.
- Prepare and send Prairie Wind report.
- Updates revenue by rate worksheet.
- Calculates energy credits and remits to vendor.
- Calculate and remit sale tax electronically.
- Takes daily deposit to bank.
- Type general correspondence as requested.
- Prepares mail prior to postage.
- Other Duties or tasks as assigned.
- Telephone; answers telephone and routes calls as expeditiously as possible.
- FAX machine; notes receipt of facsimile communications and notifies the recipient.
- Radio; answers radio communications and logs activity.
- Visitors/Vendors; notify appropriate employee of arrival so that they can greet the visitor. Check credentials before allowing past front counter for security purposes.
Usually works indoors in a normal, climate-controlled business environment, but travel to meetings and other events may require evening hours and/or overnight stays away from home. The noise level in the office is usually low to moderate.
The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. An Associate’s (AA) degree or equivalent in business administration preferred.
- Experience with computers and Microsoft Office® software is required. Must have the ability to quickly learn new industry-related software.
- Must have excellent customer service and project management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, customer-oriented social skills, and an ability to work in a team environment. The ability to multi-task and be detail oriented is required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
The position requires sitting, standing, walking, reaching, stretching, and repetitive motions of the hands and fingers such as keyboarding. The operation and use of various types of standard office equipment and machinery is required. Occasional operation of a company vehicle may be required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply: NVREC.com