Member Services/Energy Advisor - Calhoun County Electric Cooperative Association, Rockwell
- Full Time
Calhoun County Electric Cooperative Association is currently seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team full-time as a MEMBER SERVICES/ENERGY ADVISOR at their ROCKWELL CITY, IA office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the Cooperative's safety rules, procedures, and safety policies.
- Respond to member-consumers' inquiries about new or existing electrical services, energy usage and efficiency, renewable energy, and the latest technology.
- Maintain and improve the Cooperative's Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Load Management devices and collect meter reads using the AMI system.
- Facilitate Economic Development in the Cooperative's service territory and build relationships with Key Account member-consumers.
- Provide needed assistance in storm and emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Calhoun County Electric Cooperative Association provides its full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurances, sick leave, vacation, holiday pay, a defined retirement plan and 401K options.
Calhoun County Electric Cooperative Association is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Skills & Abilities:
Must demonstrate good communication skills with coworkers, supervisor(s), members, vendors, and other parties. Be willing to learn about the Cooperative’s services and programs, processes, and procedures. Possess the ability to handle a variety of diverse tasks including multiple projects and be able to meet deadlines. Must have experience using Microsoft Office programs and the ability to learn new software programs related to the industry and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
A high school diploma or higher education is required.
Prior experience in the electric industry is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
A valid Driver's License is required.
The work is primarily office work in an indoor, climate-controlled environment. However, outside work may be necessary at times. Occasional travel for training and meetings is necessary. Overnight stays for training may be required occasionally. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Must have the ability to use hands, stand for periods of time, walk, sit, bend, stoop, squat, lift and carry between 50-75 pounds, twist, balance, kneel, and crouch. Must have the ability to sit in a vehicle to drive and/or ride to various construction and/or service sites.