Network Support CSR - Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative, Anamosa
- Full Time
This position is full-time and works at our Anamosa, IA headquarters. The Network Support CSR is a tier 2 network support position responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the customer premise network equipment. Duties include provisioning phone, internet and business services. The position will be responsible for monitoring the network to proactively identify network issues, provide trouble investigation and remotely assist those who are experiencing service issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing and troubleshooting customer premise network equipment (CPNI).
- Provisioning internet/phone services and maintaining service packages.
- Assist technicians in the field with switch and ONT provisioning.
- Assists with installation, operation and security of SCADA, mobile radio and AMI as it pertains to the communications network.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, and MVEC Co-op staff for technical assistance and support
- Performs after-hours equipment installation and maintenance and responds to after-hours equipment/service interruptions
- Develops and maintains change management procedures and network documentation
Come and work for a member-owned utility that cares about our employees now and in the future.
What can we offer you?
Innovation – Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative has been recognized as a leader in Smart Grid Technology.
Family atmosphere – Enjoy working with people who care about our members and their fellow co-workers. Our two health insurance options both offer a pre-tax dependent care plan, to make paying childcare more financially advantageous to you. We offer paid vacation and sick leave, family sick leave, and 11 paid holidays!
Planning for the future – Maquoketa Valley’s excellent benefits package includes health, life, and vision coverage with both a company-paid 401(k) and company-paid pension plan. Let us help you fund your retirement years.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Information Systems or other computer related field preferred. Prior experience and training considered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting including common switching and routing issues.
- Strong knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS,DHCP, TCP/IP, OSPF and BGP
- Experience with CALIX or Passive Optical Networking (PON/GPON) is desired
- Previous CLEC or ISP installation and service experience a strong plus
- Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot along with strong problem-solving skills
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
A valid Driver’s License is required.
Visit www.mvec.com/employment for a full job description and online application.