Senior Generation Engineer - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Cedar Rapids
- Full Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for a Senior Generation Engineer to join the team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This position performs intermediate to advanced plant engineering and project management and other duties related to operation, maintenance, and capital improvements of the Cooperative’s generation facilities.
- Perform and prepare written results of engineering studies conducted for the efficient operation and maintenance of the CIPCO generating facilities.
- Assist plant management with operations analyses and maintenance troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with the Supervisor of Generation Engineering with recommending, planning, and managing engineering projects at CIPCO-operated generating plants.
- Provide engineering support for generators, transformers, breakers, relays, motors, variable frequency drives (VFDs), inverters, batteries, sensors, control systems, and other electrical component.
- Stay abreast of new developments in power plant engineering, provide technical guidance/supervision to others and make innovative and consistent contributions beyond assigned tasks.
Benefits: CIPCO provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, a pension plan, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and much more.
About CIPCO: CIPCO is a generation and transmission electric cooperative with member systems that serve a population of nearly 300,000 rural and urban residents and more than 13,000 small and large commercial and industrial accounts across Iowa. CIPCO supplies all power requirements for its Member-owners, and as their power provider, is dedicated to delivering 24/7 energy that is affordable, safe, and reliable. For more information visit www.cipco.net.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Cedar Rapids is in eastern Iowa and is the second-largest city in the state, with a population around 137,000. It is ranked one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in the U.S. by Livability.com (2023). Click on What’s Great About CR? or visit www.cedar-rapids.org and click on Discover Cedar Rapids to learn more about the quality-of-life in Cedar Rapids.
Requirements and Critical Success Factors
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and typically 4-8 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Iowa Professional Engineer (PE) license strongly preferred.
- Collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills; able to work on a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational, coordination and time management skills
- Is a self-starter with high level of initiative; able to work independently
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
To apply for this position, please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities.