Substation Apparatus Technician Electrician Foreperson - Great River Energy, New Prague, MN
- Full Time
Powering What's Possible The Power that makes Great River energy an industry leader is our employees.
We are seeking a Substation Apparatus Technician Electrician Foreperson for the New Prague service center to provide for the operation, installation, testing, checkout and maintenance of substation apparatus and associated equipment on the Great River Energy (GRE) system. This position will direct the crew and ensure all are working in a safe manner while following GRE safety rules, procedures, and guidelines and keep supervisor informed of overall conditions and status of work activities.
- Administers overall work group activities and directs and or assists in the maintenance and/or installation of substation apparatus such as circuit breakers, transformers, voltage regulators, reclosers, mobile substations, load tap changers, station batteries and chargers, capacitor banks, circuit switchers, motor operators, and associated equipment.
- Assigns and tracks work order(s) or job assignment(s) to the work group(s). Gives direction to one or more technicians in the work group.
- Performs routine inspection of substations, switching stations, and capacitor bank equipment.
- Develops and updates maintenance procedures along with maintaining equipment records in area of responsibility.
- Performs all other related duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
GRE is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets Employer
- Minimum education requirements include a two-year technical degree or diploma in electrical, computer, or electronics related courses. Prefer a minimum of four years substation apparatus experience and experience leading a crew.
- Skilled at effective communication that includes good interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication.
- Ability to coach and foster co-workers' growth and development.
- Skill and ability to use personal computers and related software including test equipment software, asset management software, Windows-based programs, and email.
- Ability to coordinate work or tasks and delegate if needed to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to be self-motivated and be able to work alone without direct supervision.
- Must be able to reside within 30-mile living radius or 45-mile driving distance from the New Prague service center located at 906 6th Street NW
- Relocation assistance available
Qualified candidates will find we have a lot to offer: comprehensive benefits package, wellness programs, continuing education, generous retirement plan, a team-based collaborative culture and more!
Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by November 15, 2019.
Contact: Heather Bittle