Temporary 1,000 Hour Lineman - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone
- Full Time
Midland Power Cooperative is seeking qualified applicants for the position of 1,000 Hour Lineman. Midland Power is a member-owned electric distribution cooperative located in central Iowa currently serving over 12,800 meters in parts of 17 counties. This position would be located in Boone, IA, located just off of Hwy 30, within minutes of excellent schools, a local hospital, the Des Moines River, Ledges State Park, and more.
Employment type: Temporary
Regular working hours: 7:30 AM to 4 PM, Monday - Friday (with overtime as necessary)
- Perform line construction and maintenance of overhead and URD distribution lines under the supervision of a First Class Lineman or Foreman.
- Patrol the line and check for defective materials, equipment or unsafe conditions; notify foreman or supervisor of problems found.
- Perform the duties of groundman and lineman. See that trucks, tools, and assigned equipment are properly used and kept in good working order.
- Understand considerable hazards that exist, including falls, electric shock, electric flash, automobile traffic, and falling objects.
- Understand and utilize safety equipment.
- Learn and comply with all safety policies, OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, write, and utilize computers or tablets is required.
- Ability to understand safety material and instructions is also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb, balance, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move on a daily basis up to 50-75 pounds. May occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 75-100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally is exposed to an environment with fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee frequently works on rugged terrain. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Licenses & Certifications
Applicant must possess a HS Diploma and Diploma/Degree from an accredited Utility Line Program.
A valid Class A - Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements is required.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, staking sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office programs and iPads is required. Must also be willing to learn industry/company software. Must have an effective working knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code. Must know, understand, and apply all OSHA and company regulations and safety rules necessary to perform the job.
All applicants who are selected for a position within Midland Power Cooperative are required to pass a pre-employment physical examination, background check, motor vehicle driving record queue, and drug test when employed.
To apply: CLICK HERE