Temporary 1,000 Hour Lineman - Midland Power Cooperative, Boone, IA
- Full Time
Temporary 1,000 Hour Lineman - Boone, IA
- Perform line construction and maintenance of overhead and URD distribution lines under the supervision of a First Class Lineman or Foreman.
- Patrol the line and check for defective materials, equipment or unsafe conditions; notify foreman or supervisor of problems found.
- Perform the duties of groundsman and lineman. See that trucks, tools, and assigned equipment are properly used and kept in good working order.
This position would be located at our Boone, IA Service Center - 1781 219th Ln, Boone.
- Understand considerable hazards that exist, including falls, electric shock, electric flash, automobile traffic, and falling objects.
- Understand and utilize safety equipment.
- Learn and comply with all safety policies, OSHA rules, and regulations.
- Applicant must possess a HS Diploma and Diploma/Degree from an accredited Utility Line Program.
- Ability to read, write, and utilize computers or tablets is required.
- Ability to understand safety material and instructions is also required.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical, as well as maintain an acceptable DMV report.
To apply: CLICK HERE