Transmission Dispatcher - Central Iowa Power Cooperative, Creston
- Full Time
Central Iowa Power Cooperative (CIPCO) is currently searching for a Transmission Dispatcher to join the team in Creston, IA. This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement and provides excellent company benefits.
- Direct and coordinate switching for scheduled maintenance and emergencies.
- Monitor system flows and maintain proper voltages.
- Draft and review switch orders.
- Respond to system alarms indicated by the System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) computer and dispatch personnel to normalize system.
- Work schedule is a rotating shift in our continuous operation, which includes working alone and holidays. Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
- Activate computer controls to start and put combustion turbine generators and reciprocating engine generators on/off line.
- Monitor computers and printouts to ensure the proper operation of turbines, reciprocating engines and generators.
- Respond to system alarms and initiate actions necessary to normalize the system.
- Coordinate initiation of additional power generation, as directed.
- Record control room activities in the log book.
- Record hourly meter readings for generation and transmission systems.
- Manually update transmission system dispatch board to reflect changes in current flow.
- Record ambient outside temperature hourly.
- Compile month-end kilowatt-hour usage reports.
Requirements and Critical Success Factors
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed an accredited Basic Electrical or Electronics course, or equivalent experience.
- Must complete computer-based combustion turbine training program within one year of employment with a score of 80% or higher. Continued employment is contingent upon completing this training.
- Ability to perform routine job-related record keeping.
- Ability to verbally communicate with co-workers and other utility personnel.
- Ability to properly use personal computers, SCADA, Two-way radios, telephone, calculator, and copier.
- Ability to comprehend and retain written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and respond to multiple tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to assess conditions and execute decisions in emergency situations.
To complete an online application please visit www.cipco.net and click Career Opportunities