Utility Groundman - Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative, Palmyra, MO
- Full Time
Northeast Missouri Electric Power Cooperative (Northeast Power) is a transmission cooperative delivering power to northeast Missouri and southeast Iowa. We are currently seeking a Utility Groundman at the Palmyra, Missouri, location. This is an hourly position with core working hours of Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
What You Will Do:
This position will help support the Operations team with the construction, maintenance and repair of transmission line, substations and/or vegetation management. In addition, this position will:
- Layout and perform work in connection with framing and rigging for poles, towers and structures.
- Perform groundwork in connection with stringing of conductor.
- Visually check and report hazardous conditions and needed maintenance in the field.
- Perform vegetation control, cut right-of-way, trim trees, spray and chip brush, and mow substation property.
- Safely operate vehicles, machinery and tools as well as be familiar with highway law, regulations and maps.
What You Will Get:
Northeast Power offers a competitive salary and full benefit package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave Benefits
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a dedicated individual who is passionate about working with their hands and working outdoors with a demonstrated commitment to always working safely. In addition, we are looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years’ experience in any of the following areas: electric transmission and/or distribution construction and maintenance; controlled spraying of right-of-way brush and foliage using herbicides; clearing, trimming or mowing of right-of-way trees, stumps, brush, weeds and grass.
- Basic knowledge in building construction, which includes concrete forming and pouring.
- Able to lift and/or carry up-to 50-pounds and ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Currently hold and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker endorsement.
- Ability to obtain and keep current a Missouri Certified Non-Commercial Applicators License from the Department of Agriculture.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles and equipment with both automatic and manual transmissions.
- Must have proficient computer skills and ability to use various Microsoft Office programs.
Applicants should apply at https://www.northeast-power.coop/careers.