Vice President of Customer and Corporate Relations - Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Iowa Great Lakes/Okoboji area
- Full Time
Lakes Electric Cooperative (ILEC) located near the beautiful Iowa Great Lakes/Okoboji area is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Vice President of Customer and Corporate Relations.
Position objectives and responsibilities are as follows:
- Marketing and Member Services – To promote and ensure the safe, efficient, and economical use of electricity and other Cooperative services to member owners by selectively targeting and marketing end uses of electricity and other services through the department personnel, dealers and affiliates, publications and other means.
- Economic Development – To encourage and support rural community development efforts: business attraction, industrial site and building initiatives, housing developments, infrastructure and transportation improvements, and other activities aimed at improving the quality of life within the Cooperative’s service area.
- Communications – To ensure the understanding and support of the member-owners, general public and governmental representatives and agencies for the Cooperative’s purpose, objectives, policies, plans, programs and achievements.
- Billing and Customer Service – To maintain, improve and direct the Cooperative’s billing and customer services systems, procedures, transactions and the type of reports necessary to ensure the accuracy of billing transactions so that the Cooperative recovers its revenues for services rendered.
- Department Planning – To develop annual and long-range departmental plans that will fully and effectively utilize well-trained and managed departmental personnel, along with the appropriate inventory, supplies, and equipment necessary to carry out the above objectives in a safe and efficient manner.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. ILEC offers a strong benefits package including IAEC and NRECA retirement and insurance programs.
Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Estherville, Iowa. ILEC serves approximately 12,900 customers and owns and maintains 4,900 miles of distribution line. Additionally, the Cooperative owns and operates two separate 10.5 MW wind generation facilities which are comprised of 14 1.5 MW GE SLE turbines. Further information may be found by visiting ILEC's website at www.ilec.coop.
Bachelor’s degree with a business-related major is required. Five to ten years of progressive business management or professional staff experience in the electric utility industry is preferred. Experience in planning and coordination of an organization’s marketing and/or community relations programs preferred. Must possess knowledge of human relations, business principles, public relations, marketing, utilities, financial analysis and cooperatives. Must have effective speaking and writing skills to carry out internal and external written and oral communications responsibilities with manager, associates, employees, directors, member-owners and governmental representatives.
Successful applicant must have a demonstrated ability to effectively supervise others and manage a department’s work in customer service, economic development and marketing. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Pre-employment drug test required. Must have the ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers, associates, directors, member-owners, vendors and the public.
Qualified applicants should forward a resume and cover letter to Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Attn: Human Resources, 702 South 1st Street, Estherville, IA 51334. Documents may also be submitted via e-mail addressed to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.