Warehouseman - Clarke Electric Cooperative, Inc., Osceola
- Full Time
Clarke Electric Cooperative is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of warehouseman. This is a full-time, union position. Previous warehouse experience preferred but not required. They will be responsible for material handling and inventory for the operations department.
This position is available immediately.
Reports directly to the Manager of Operations
- Assist with preparing vehicles for construction/maintenance projects to include stocking materials, supplies and inspecting machinery and equipment.
- Prepares new and reconditioned transformers for issue to construction crews.
- Coordinate supplies and materials for contractors.
- Select and evaluate vendors, develop bids, procure materials while maintaining adequate inventory.
- Manage purchase orders, review quality of product and invoices for compliance and payment.
- Purchase and monitor inventory levels of building supplies to include paper products, cleaning supplies and other miscellaneous supplies.
- Responsible for loading and unloading delivery trucks, receive and sign for deliveries.
- Responsible for maintenance of cooperative grounds, buildings, offices and lawn; hiring appropriate vendors for lawn care and building maintenance.
- Conduct annual inventory.
- Utilize material lists from staking sheets and pick lists to prepare material for distribution.
- Assist with OSHA and EPA compliance.
- Return material to stock, process retired material, sort material and equipment retired into salvageable and non-salvageable and prepares paper work.
- Responsible for exchange of rubber goods and safety equipment.
- Perform monthly safety checks on all first aid equipment and vehicle fleet.
- Attend training and learn new computer systems and software.
Clarke Electric is a distribution Cooperative located in Osceola, Iowa
Must be able to operative tractors, trucks, fork lifts, chain saws, hand tools and perform maintenance on such equipment.