Staff Writer/Editor or Senior Staff Writer/Editor - Basin Electric Power Cooperative, Bismarck, ND
- Full Time
Position Title: Staff Writer/Editor or Senior Staff Writer/Editor
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Department/Location: Communications/Bismarck, ND
Company: Basin Electric Power Cooperative
This position serves as a key liaison between communications and internal Basin Electric departments, external organizations, and member cooperatives by performing high-level communications work.
- Perform communications planning, analysis, research, writing, editing, and project management services.
- Write and edit content for reports, media alerts, news releases, advertising copy, video scripts, feature articles, web copy, social media content, speeches, talking points, and member communication materials.
- Serve as editor of at least one of the Cooperative’s key websites and/or publications.
- Lead planning and organizing of assigned communications projects and provide direction for photography, graphics, and web design.
- Identify stories, schedule and conduct interviews, write, and go through the review process to produce content.
- Contribute content across all platforms including but not limited to the Cooperative’s newsletters, magazine, blogs, websites, intranet, annual report, annual meeting, video, and other communication programs.
- Remain current with news that may affect the Cooperative, its subsidiaries, and member systems.
- Serve on cooperative committees as a liaison.
Basin Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer regarding race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veterans status.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must be able to demonstrate skills in writing for a variety of communications media at a level acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in Communications or a related field and four years of related communications or writing experience; or a two-year degree in Communications or a related field and six years related communications or writing experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent (HSED or GED) and eight years of related communications or writing experience. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, photo editing, desktop publishing, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, web content management, social media vehicles, and records retention software. The ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. A valid driver’s license is also required.
Typical Physical/Mental/Environmental Demands:
This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position and to move about the office building, occasional reaching below and above shoulder level, constant use of a keyboard/computer and other office productivity machinery, bending, kneeling, lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds, and pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds. It also requires finger dexterity and hand coordination. This position requires the ability to communicate and must be able to clearly exchange accurate information. It also requires the ability to develop plans, procedures, and goals; present information to others; and work under stress to complete projects within deadlines. This position must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Occasional travel is required.
Applicants interested in this opening should go to https://www.basinelectric.com to apply.
Employees must apply through Inside Basin, by clicking on a position and signing into the Infor Application.