Iowa electric co-ops send mutual aid to Louisiana
Earlier this morning, 21 linemen from Iowa's electric cooperatives answered the call for mutual aid and headed south to Louisiana for two weeks.
The crews from seven electric cooperatives in Iowa will convene in Little Rock, AR, and then travel to Beauregard Electric Cooperative in Louisiana to assist with the co-op's massive power restoration in the aftermath of Hurricane Laura, a Category 4 storm that made landfall on Aug. 27. The men will step in and relieve other mutual aid crews that have been working for the past two weeks.
These seven electric cooperatives sent mutual aid assistance; several of them recently recovered from the August derecho storm:
- Access Energy Cooperative
- Chariton Valley Electric Cooperative
- Linn County Rural Electric Cooperative
- Maquoketa Valley Electric Cooperative
- Midland Power Cooperative
- Nishnabotna Valley Rural Electric Cooperative (pictured)
- Prairie Energy Cooperative
For More Information:
For more information:
IAEC Director of Communications